How to prevent iTunes launching when connecting iPhonePosted on August 25th, 2013 No comments
The solution is on the Apple forums:
- From the iTunes menu at the top go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices>Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically.
- Check the box at the bottom of that window.
- Click on [Your Phone's Button] to access the device. This is on the right side of the iTunes main window toward the top, just to the left of the store button. If you don’t see your phone here, unplug it, plug it in again.
- Scroll down and uncheck Automatically Sync when this iPhone is connected
- Click Done
- Quit iTunes.
- Unplug and re-plug in your phone. iTunes should not launch.
If that doesn’t work, also try:
- See if iTunes Helper is in System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items
- If so, delete it (click it then press the minus button)
Leave a reply